Wednesday, November 30, 2016

I ran into a Marine that was griping about the Air Force


He was being a Marine which is to say he was griping about how the Air Force guy was set up in an air conditioned tent sitting behind a computer. He was out in the heat of the day, of course, because that is what Marines do.

I told the Marine that if he had a single lick of sense he would WANT the Air Force guy in the air conditioned tent where he would be able to be sharp and attentive. He wanted the Airdale just the right side of chilly so he would be alert and on his toes.

The Marine caved in on that one because I didn't even get a "yeah, but..." out of him.

7777777777777777

Yesterday the mail guy saved me a trip to the post office.

Every now and then I hand him a cup of coffee or a coke and yesterday it paid off. He had a package that required a signature. Instead of leaving me a note to go to the P.O. to pick the package up he chased me down. 

When he found me I signed and took the package. It saved me from having to go to the zoo scene at the local post office.

What goes around comes around.

One of the neighbors thinks it is unfair the way the mail and trash guys treat me but another neighbor told her that it would happen to her if she'd just work at it a little.






To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

1 comment:

  1. Once a travelling man arrived at a new town and asked an oldtimer what the people were like in this town.

    The oldtimer asked him "what were the people like where you came from?"

    The man said "They weren't very friendly; always finding fault."

    The oldtimer said "yes, you'll find them much the same way here.

    The next day another travelling man arrived, and he asked an oldtimer what the people were like.

    The oldtimer asked him "what were the people like where you came from?"

    The new man said "They were great, very friendly; always helpful."

    The oldtimer told him the same thing, "yes, you'll find them much the same way here.

    ReplyDelete