Monday, June 26, 2017

I have been up working over at a friend's place

on the end of a shovel.

This person lives in a town house and one of their neighbors came out and was walking by. She was curious about what I was doing and not nosy. I explained the plan to resoil and replant the area.

Her husband was somewhat of a dolt and asked me where I learned to use a shovel. Apparently my skills with the idiot spoon impressed him.

With a straight face I told him that back in '44 I was hired as a subcontractor by the Japanese army to help a British outfit build a bridge in Burma.

"Really?" he asked.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment