Friday, June 23, 2017

I just snagged another old razor to throw into my sea bag.

Under $10 shipped via eBay. Not bad.

Today is a wet day so the only outdoor work I will do is to either spread pea gravel or pick stuff up. Mowing anything is out of the question.

This has been a pretty wet summer so far and all sorts of stuff is growing in the way-back.

88888888888888888888

Someone asked me to do them a favor and the answer is no unless they are willing to take up the slack. They want rain gutters de-leafed. 

The Piccolo policy of this kind of thing reads that I will do ONLY that part of the job that the person can not do for themselves. 

This means that if I do help them I will go up thee ladder, empty the gutter and drop the nasty stuff straight to the ground where THEY can police it up.

When I explain that they are responsible for their part they will look somewhat upset and say, "Well, you could just..."

I will interrupt and say, "I could just do a lot of things like sit home and enjoy myself instead of busting my ass over here. I don't see any casts, ace bandages, crutches, walkers or wheelchairs. You gotta do your part."

When I put it that way the chances that I am asked to do anything drop dramatically.

Everyone wants something for nothing.

Incidentally, I have cleaned up the mess of 4-5 trees torn up in a recent micro burst. I have a couple days tied up in it and truth is they are actually a neighbor's trees.

The reason I did this is because I will at least get a decent steak dinner from her to show her appreciation. Stuff like that goes a long way with me.





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment