Friday, June 9, 2017

Iowa chops.



I had pork chops today for dinner. These were nice, thick cut chops and they baked up nicely and were nice and juicy. In short, they were damned good eating.

I did notice a sticker on the package that read ‘Iowa chops’. It should be duly noted that they were consumed in Pennsylvania if that means anything.

What I want to know is what makes them Iowa chops. Was the pig raised in Iowa? Was the hog feed grown there?

Although they tasted pretty good, I noticed nothing out of the ordinary and it would be interesting to know why the sticker was on the package. If I see them again I’ll sure grab them unless I see something else I’d like to try.

I wonder what Minnesota or New Mexican chops are like. Or maybe Rhode Island chops. Are they any better than Iowa chops?




Whatever. If anyone can tell me which state I should be looking out for as far as the best chops go please drop me a line.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

1 comment:

  1. In Indiana, we call those "State Fair" porkchops as the Hoosier pork producers have a grill tent set up at the fair and sell them!

    ReplyDelete