Monday, June 12, 2017

I have a bid in on for something on eBay and it is closing soon.



I am making this post as the time dwindles on down to zero and am using this post to kill time while it grinds away.

I found a pretty good pair of NOS lineman’s boots up for grabs and I think I’ll snag them so as to be ready for this fall and winter. They are listed as waterproof and should serve me well come Old Man Winter.

The truth is I am not going to bid any higher than the minimum bid because these are not needed, they are simply ‘nice to have’.

On some things I throw out a minimum bid and either I get it or I don’t and either way it’s no skin off of my nose. One time I made $50 on a purchase. Someone was looking over my shoulder and said “I’d give $100 for that item”.

I asked him if he was serious and then threw a minimum bid on it. Then I went and set up an automatic bid of $85 because shipping was about $15 and I wanted to keep the total under $100.

I’ll be damned if I didn’t snag the item for about $35. Add the $15 shipping and it totaled $50. I resold it to him for $100.

That wasn’t a bad deal if you ask me.

Anyway, I am down to under 15 minutes and there don’t seem to be any other bidders out there. I have to check a few things out and I’ll be right back.


Nope. Didn’t get the boots. Someone sniped me and bought them for a buck more than I was willing to pay.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Someone told me what Iowa chops are. They are boneless 1.25 thick pork chops




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment