Friday, June 30, 2017

Yesterday was kind of a mess

There was a lot to do. I had both cars inspected, got a blood test, had to change several on-line accounts because I got an updated credit card and the other one expired.

In addition to that I helped an older neighbor with her telephone. She's pretty close to 80 now and I helped her get her phone squared away. I installed a new one and got the answering machine up and running.

The older woman was pretty damned smart if you ask me. She had another phone her son had given her but it had been sitting around and it started to act balky so she didn't fool around. She junked it instantly and bought a new one.

The next thing she did before I even opened the box containing the new phone was to gather up every single piece, part, assembly and sub-assembly of the old phones and junk them. That way there was no possibility of a parts mix-up between new and old. Smart woman!

None of this, "You know, maybe we could take this part and ..." crap. 

Today will be hectic, too as a friend of mine that is on a road trip is stopping in for a few days.As I write he is holed up in Ohio waiting weather. He's about an hour and a half away now.

Chili is on simmering for later.




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment