Friday, March 16, 2018

I think this post may be a rerun but so what.



A while ago someone asked me what I would do if I saw some kind of a mass shooter and I was armed. They got quite a shock.

I told them it depends on where I was at the time. If I was in, say Oklahoma I’d take the shot without a second’s thought about it. Oklahomans would probably be grateful and not penalize me. Then again Oklahoma is pretty conservative and understands these things.

If I was in Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Maryland or California I would stay hidden and not get involved at all. These states have made their beds and can now lie in them.

In some of the in between states I would grab my cell phone and let the police know what was going on and let them call it. If I got the OK I would fire, if not I wouldn’t. Of course, it’s pretty doubtful the police would give me the OK to shoot because many departments do not like non police officers to help because the Chief thinks it makes the department look bad.

It sounds terrible and cowardly that I am picky about where I would put my neck out for kids but there’s another side to this.
Let’s say a non-policeman steps in and drops a mass murderer and saves a bunch of lives. Depending on where this happens he is still in hot water of some sort or another.

I would imagine most Oklahoma departments would thank you and either buy you a beer or simply send you on your way.

On the other hand, the political clime in somewhere else would net you different results. I suppose this even breaks down in states. In Gunnison, Colorado would probably investigate me and send me on my way. On the other hand, Boulder would probably haul me in and charge me with something and it would probably cost me a fortune to beat the rap.

Now facing a court trial in Boulder would not only be wrong and fearful but it would be expensive, too. Yet you can bet pretty good money that you’d be damned lucky to have the parents of the kids you saved run a crummy bake sale to help pay for your legal expenses.

No, I am not going to stick my neck out for someone else’s kids in this day, age and political clime unless one of the kids is related to me.

When no good deed goes unpunished, good deeds generally stop happening.




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment