Thursday, March 1, 2018

I'll be damned if I know where it came from but

my wife handed me a 1/48 scale P-51D Mustang kit. I think she found it in some stuff she got while cleaning out someone's house.

I think it was one of those deals of 'take what you want and the rest goes to Goodwill' deals. She snagged the kit and asked me if I wanted it. I had to think twice because I originally wanted to avoid warplanes. My room is graced with a DeHavilland  Beaver and a Grumman Goose. These are airplanes I actually flew in when I was in Alaska. There's also an unbuilt DC kit I was getting to. I have flown in a DC-3 before, too.

Anyway, the kit had all sorts of things I really didn't want. The model is designed to sit on a desktop of some sort. It comes with landing gear and a couple of exposed access ports.

I wanted to set it up in the flying configuration and support it from the ceiling with light monofiliment fish line. I got lucky. All of the access port and landing gear covers fit properly. I do believe Revell actually thought ahead and figured someone like me would want to display it as a flyer.

The Mustang will probably be hung up later today.

In other news, elk  backstrap and eggs for breakfast.





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment