Saturday, March 17, 2018

Time goes on and on

and I have very mixed feelings about that. There are times I wish I could speed it up or slow it down.

I was watching a movie about an earlier America and was reminded of how we did quite a lot with simple tools, hard work and sweat.

I had a job of Old School work as a young man in a concrete pipe factory and it served me well in both making money and getting in shape for going into the army. It started at 0600 and the day finished at 1630, a ten hour day and a fifty hour work. Sometimes it was a sixty hour week if we worked a Saturday.

I really wish we could start the younger people out with something like that in this day and age. A job like that for a while gives a person a different perspective and makes him aware that he can do more than he gives himself credit for.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment