Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Someone has suggested I learn HF digital

which is something I have done before. I have worked digital a few years back but like a lot of things to me it's use it or lose it.

He says that in the future ham radio will becme an invaluable tool for communication and digital communication works a lot better than voice.

He's right on the second part and wrong on the first part.

Eventualy ham radio will be outlawed and sooner than one thinks.

When the United States outlaws ham radio it will join the ranks of Yemen and North Korea.

It's coming. 

I suppose when that happens a lot of people are going to simply 'cut the wire'.

For those that don't understand, most current ham rigs have a chip in them that allows the rig to transmit only on the legal ham bands. When one 'cuts the wire' they have enabled the rig to transmit anywhere on the HF spectrum.

Of course those that do will likely be chased down like dogs.






To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment