Friday, January 22, 2021

Whatever it is you want to accuse me of, I'm guilty.


as sin. I did it.

It generally takes the wind out of everyone's sails.

Many moons ago I was sitting in a bar with my then skipper and he was conducting business. While I had a vested interest in the deal he hammered out, I realy had no say in it. This is often the case for a fisherman. It's the skipper's boat, his business and a deckhand is a hired hand.

It must have been getting close to ten that night when the skipper's daughter walked in. She needed a ride home as it was a school night.

The skipper turned to me and asked me to drop her off which I cheerfully did. I was back in the bar and rejoined the table again in under 20 minutes.

The meeting went well and shortly there after it wound up putting about another $1000 in my pocket but I digress.

Anyway, the next morning I wandered into the bar to meet the skipper and my old arch enemy that had been there watching me the night before saw me enter the joint.

"I saw you last night," he practically shouted. "You knew that girl you left with is only fourteen!" It was a lame effort to embarrass me and lower my social standing. It didn't work very well.

"Yeah, but she felt like she was ten!" I shot back and watched coffee squirt out of several noses, including my skipper's, and brandy shoot out of Duke's. Duke was a morning drinker.

It pretty much ended the issue right then and there except that my skipper had a quiet word with him where I think they discussed the possibility of the jerk getting a free nose job of some sort. I was not privy to the conversation. A few minutes later on the way to the boat the skipper looked at me and shook his head sadly and laughed.

Anyway, that's been my M.O. for decades now. It just knocks the wind out of someone's sails on the spot. Always confess to a more serious crime than you are accused of.











 









To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment