Monday, January 11, 2021

Someone paid me one hell of a compliment

He said I was not fit to be taken out in public. I melted.

So my friend Rocky swung by the house and caught me as I was getting ready to leave to get a few things at the supermarket. He wanted to talk so I told him to hop in with me.

Now Rocky is blessed with a cheerful disposition and cursed with the face of a man that has just been released from two decades of  prison hard time even though he probably doesn't have a parking ticket. In a way he reminds me of Danny Trejo, the actor that specialized in slasher films and plays convicts. He's also pretty big.

Anyway, we were entering the supermarket but were well clear of it. I had just donned my mask and Rocky was fishing his out when some Karen snapped at him that he had better get his mask on.

Rocky is generally pretty fast on the uptake. He's kind and cheerful but doesn't take a whole lot of shit. He's fast but I was faster.

"Lady, that my WIFE you're talking to," I snapped. You better give the love of my life an apology before she bitch slaps you across the parking lot!"

Her look of confusion and fear was something to behold. She was looking at an angry 70 year old man and a man of about 45 years old that looked like he had just been released from Sing Sing. She didn't know what to do so she went to woman's default.

She turned on the water works and started blubbering out an apology. "I didn't know he's your wife," she sobbed.

"Well, you knew she's somebodies wife," I shot back. "You owe my wife an apology!"

She blubbered out a quick apology and fled.

I looked at Rocky who was beet red. He looked at me and stuttered, "I'm your WIFE? I ought to beat the hell out of you for that little stunt!" Then he settled down a bit. He shook his head sadly, laughed and said told me I was unfit to be taken out in public. 



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

1 comment: