Saturday, February 12, 2022

Another middle aged windbag bites the dust.

He was bellyaching about how expensive things have gotten. I was just getting ready to ask who he had voted for when I realized it wouldn't sink in. Why bother?

"I'm not interested in your middle-aged crap," I said. "Before you talk to me either grow up or regress and I don't care which. If you are over the age of six and under the age of 65 I'm not interested. I've already had to deal with enough middle aged stupidity for one day."

Frankly, in the mood I'm in today I'd rather eat an ice cream cone with a five year old kid. At least the kid would have something interesting to say and would probably make me laugh.

88888888888888888888888888888

I just read the post I wrote and there's something to it.

A few months ago I flew across the country on a long flight sitting next to a young boy of about 5 and watched the original 'Wizard of Oz' with him. It was one of the most delightful times I have had in recent memory.

There is nothing more enjoyable that watching a young child sit there in awe the first time he sees 'The Wizard of Oz".

Then there's the other end of the spectrum. I once sat in an airport next to an old Chinese woman that had grown up in China until just before it turned communist. 

She told me a fascinating story of getting out of China as a young girl. Her parents had worked on an AVG base, the father as a coolie, and the mother as a cook.

The older I get the more I realize that middle age is a period where most people worry about the wrong things for the wrong reasons.






To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment