Monday, June 12, 2023

Although I am currently a white male I am considering changing that.

And why not?

Actually I am too old and will likely stay the way I am but I seriously think that if I were younger I'd change my identity. I'd move to Puerto Rico for a year and a day, register to vote there and come back as a Puerto Rican and list myself as Hispanic.

WTF, why not?

I could get into better schools and play the Affirmative Action game and have life easier.

There is this South African couple that immigrated here and their kids are (rightfully) calling themselves Afro American and doing rather well. The oldest is getting a couple scholarships and when they saw what color he was they tried (unsuccessfully) to rescind them.

Actually I see where some Asian youngster is challenging the system because he's been refused entry into a number of colleges in spite of having grades above their minumum requirements. As it stands now, colleges are discriminating against Asians for some reason.

I got a bright idea. Let's set college entry standards strictly by grades and SATs regardless of race, color, creed, whatever and see wha happens.

For one thing society will get stronger.

For another thing talented black doctors will not have people question their compentency as is now sometimes the case.

An RN I know has had blacks request a white doctor and the unspoken reason for that is they think that the black doctor graduated from his various schools because of Affirmative Action and therefore isn't as competent...even though in the case the RN told me about, the guy is top shelf.

I get tired of having people tell me that blacks are not as competent as whites or Asians. I say pull out the stops, float the system and let water seek it's own level and let's see what happens.

I know what will happen. The cream (no matter what collor it is) will float to the top and we'll gain as a society.





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment