Monday, June 12, 2023

Piccolo on Marriage

which I consider a religious issue that the government should honor but should be left to the clergy. Wanna get married? Find a preacher that is willing to perform the ceremony. If the preacher isn't willing, Tango Sierra. Either find one that will or go without. Not my problem.

The government should provide civil unions to any two homo sapiens that want to be united regardless of sex, race, creed, color, national origin or whatever. (Let's keep it within the species)

Quite some time back I didn't like the idea of gay marriage (or gay civil unions) until someone pointed out to me that everyone has a right to pass their estate, goods and garbage onto someone without government interference. The person that pointed out to me was spot on.





 


To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

2 comments:

  1. Why the emphasis on keeping it within the species?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question. I figure a non homo sapien would not be able to sign the marriage/civil union paperwork to prove they were consenting. Frankly I don't care is someone marries a halibut.

      Delete