Wednesday, June 14, 2023

I guess the family consensus is that my nephew sucked at being a chick

None of us can understand the feelings my nephew went through and none of us truly  understand it but the consensus seems to be that we're glad he TG'd because he went from being a whiny, selfish pain in the ass chick to a pretty damned good guy to hang out with.

He has a decent place to live and a job that he really likes where he works with animals. I sure can't slight him for that as by working with animals he avoids dealing with a lot of people. When you make a dog stop hurting the dog is grateful. They lick your hand in gratitude. When you do that to a person they very well might sue you. ("There's a scar where the thorn you removed was!")

As far as the pronoun bull$hit goes, he simply changed his name and that's what he introduces himself as. 

I think a lot of the positive is that he's now comfortable with himself and we're all willing to leave it at that. Another nephew opined that it's probably the first time he's been comfortable in his own skin.

I'm more than willing to leave it at that.

Before you jump in here, back during the Civil War the physical to join the Union Army was pretty much a quick look at one's teeth to see if they were capable of eating Army chow , if that. 

As a result, conservative estimates are that between 400 and 750  woman served as men in the Union Army as men. I also dug around and found out one of them died at the Old Soldier's Home. (It also mentioned that the staff kept her secret)

I'm sure a number of women served during the Revolution as men. 

Several served as women in various circumstances. Molly Pitcher manned a gun after her husband was killed but these were woman serving openly as female volunteers. FWIW One such woman got a $50/year pension from the Commonwealth of PA years later for her CW service.

I have not dug into how many women served in the Revolution as men. I'll bet there were at least a few.

I discovered the TG issue in Kodiak during the early to mid 80s and when it came up a few years ago I had a 'so what' attitude toward it that surprised a lot of people.

In fact now that I mention it Larry Flynt pictured a transgender in Hustler magazine back around 1976. IIRC someone showed me the picture and I glanced at it and to his total horror I casually shrugged and said, "I'd hit it." just to see the horrorfied look on his face. Frankly I don't even remember the picture as I merely glanced at it.

As usual, my attitude was (and is) that it's not my business and probably better left for the individual to deal with.

Some time back early on during the gay marriage ballyhoo I was against gay marriage. That morphed when someone pointed out that everyone has a right to have someone to pass their estate onto without greedy  government interference. That knocked me for a loop and even got me to rethink marriage.

Wanna get married? Go find a preacher that's willing to perform the ceremony. What the government should provide are civil unions to any couple thats want one.

I say 'any couple' because I can think of a lot of non traditional siuations out there where a civil union could be useful.

I had a great aunt that was an old maid schoolteacher. She had a brother that never married and they shared a duplex for most of their adult lives. When he passed she complained about all the paperwork and bull$hit that she had to go through to settle his estate.

That would have been a good reason for a civil union because it would have made things a lot easier. Like I said earlier, everyone should have someone to pass their stuff onto without government intervention.

As a sidebar here, It seems that the huge majority of the LGBTQ people I run into are simply people that want to just be left alone to live their lives privately. I am slowly beginning to think that the so-called LGBTQ leadership that is always stirring up $hit may very well be heterosexuals that are stirring up $hit for their personal agendas.

I'm also beginning to believe that that a lot of so-called black leadership is being manipulated by the usual gang of rich white men to keep us fighting. Although I admit I'm seldom in cities, I have yet to run into a black that has treated me anything less than civil with maybe one exception in Philly (go figure) and a couple of older nearby blacks apologized for his rudeness.

This morning at oh-dark thirty when I made a convenience store run for an early breakfast the young black male behind the counter greeted me warmly. 

Just like I have never heard of very many Native Americans wanting to make sports teams change their names. One Indian said, "That's just a bunch of white liberal bull$hit. IDGAF, myself."

Another Indian said to me he found it flattering that they named the team after his ethnicity. "People want strong, powerful names for their teams and if they think an Indian name represents that, I'm flattered."

I think most of the hate and discontentment is caused by fat guys in $10,000 suits with big cigars that are playing an angle because in a day to day basis we generally all seem to get along.

Someone's making money on all this grief and discontment and it ain't the little guy like me.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

No, I ain't drinking Bud Light. It's not because I don't like LGBTQs or something along that line. I ain't drinking it because I'm sick and tired of having it thrown in my face all the time.


I was driving down an Interstate in MA recently and saw a state owned traffic sign that said something about Pride Month. I didn't pay attention to it but I was rather annoyed because the damned government was sticking their nose into a social issue where they had no business doing so.



 To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment