Monday, June 5, 2023

One of the things I remember about the supply room in an army outfit I was in was the wall clock.

Some creative soul had taken it apart and put a Mickey Mouse on the face and made little arms for the hands. The minute hand held a needle and every hour and 5 minutes Mickey would shoot up.

One day the Divarty CO saw it and started to blow a fuse.

Fools rush in where angels fear to tread and I looked at him and said, "Sir, the bastards have taken away our mess hall and replaced it with a sissified 'dining facility' and made my take the Betty Grable pinup out of my locker. It's the little things that make the army fun and they're going away rapidly."

It stopped him cold.

"You know, you are absolutely right," he replied, thoughtfully. "Leave it. In fact if anyone tells you to take it down tell them to see me."

Then he looked at me. "You had a BETTY GRABLE pinup in your locker? The WW2 pinup?"

"It's a family heirloom, Sir," I replied. He laughed like hell.

Then he took a closer look at the clock. "Whoever made that sure has a lot of talent," he said and walked off.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment