Thursday, November 9, 2023

I hear military recruiting is way down these days.

I spoke with high school senior fairly recently and instead of going into the military he's headed straight to the local community college to learn HVAC with a future career goal of opening a small business.

When I asked him about the service he stopped cold and said he had wanted to be a soldier since he was a small child but just changed his mind because he has better things to do than sitting in social justice classes.

It's an interesting take and it looks like the military is in the process of pulling a Bud Light and alienating their customer base with their social justice crap.

I'm damned sure he's not the Lone Ranger and that a lot of kids feel that way, coupled with realizing that in this day and age being a soldier and risking one's life to defend the country. Instead he is risking his ass so someone in the political chain can make money and gain power. Kids are smartening up and saying 'screw that'. I certainly don't blame them.

In this day and age I certainly would not stick my neck out for a bunch of fat cats and their agendas without serious support and respect from leadership. I would defend my country but not the politicians running it.

Let's look at it this way. Sleepy Joe in his infinite wisdom just gave away millions in defense hardware to Islamic terrorists when we left Afghanistan. This stuff is showing up all over the world now and is being used against us.

Sleepy Joe has put more real assault rifles in the hands of people that should not have them than any and all dealers in the states. It's a lead pipe cinch that the stuff left behind in Afghanistan isn't in a Kabul warehouse rusting away. It's been transferred all over and Hamas probably has a lot of that equipment in Israel where it is being used.

I have no desire to be sent overseas only to be shot to death by an enemy soldier that got his rifle from the President of the United States.  

Nope. I don't have any desire to serve and I can't blame any high school kid that changed course and is headed into the trades. Good for him.


To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment