Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Someone almost beat me to it. Opening soon.

when I was replacing the temporary garage door.

which was basically two sheets of plywood that I had painted white. 

The day after the garage door was installed I had someone stop by and ask what I had done with the plywood and I told him that I had let the contractor haul it off because it was a freebie. He looked disappointed and I asked what he would have done for it. Apparently we think alike because he wanted to paint a sign announcing the opening of a 'gentleman's club (aka strip joint) and hang it on a construction project in the next township over.

Needless to say, the sign would not go unphotographed for more than an hour before it got posted on local social media and cause a regular Cecille B, DeMille production of truly epic proportions among the busybodies of the community.

The town offices would be bombarded with calls immediately and no amount of statements from them would even begin to calm them down. I don't want a place like that in my town!!

You could sit some of these people down in front of the President, his entire cabinet, the contractor and all of the subs who would swear on a stack of Bibles that a 3 bedroom ranch is being built there and yet as long as the sign is up they would continue wailing, moaning, hyperventilating and gnashing their teeth in fear and trepidation. 

The reason we both agreed that the next township over would be a perfect place for the sign is because the city fathers would not even allow a dog groomer to open shop because they were afraid of the noise created by barking dogs. There's no way in hell they'd permit something along the lines of a strip joint. It just wouldn't happen.

Yet as long as the sign is up the screeching would continue.

The family could move into the house, leave the sign intact and raise their family but for the next ten years the usual gang of idiots would still be pretty upset over it.

I would imagine that after about ten years it would simply become part of the woodwork but there would still likely be a couple of upset people in town.











To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment