Friday, November 3, 2023

There are an awful lot of taxpayers that don't understand that

the government doesn't have a thin dime to it's name.

It only has what it gets from us.

Over the years I have pointed out that a tax return check is NOT the government giving you their money. They are simply returning your money back to you. A number of people I have explained that acted confused.

I tried to explain that to someone once. I said that if the government takes $11,000 out of your pay during the year and sends you a refund check for $1000 then how much has the government given you?

They said $1000 and got confused when I told them that they have not given you anything. They have taken $10,000 from them instead of the full $11,000 that they had originally deducted from his pay during the year. It took him some time for it to sink in.

The other thing I pointed out to him is that when the government gives you something for some reason or another they are simply bribing you with your own money.

He didn't know what to say about that one.








To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment