Tuesday, November 28, 2023

I just saw for the umpteenth time the WW2 surrender on Big Mo

and it always galls me to see MacArthur and all the big shots there signing the papers.

I always thought that the people representing the United States should have been maybe a corporal or a couple of PFCs  that had been disfigured or crippled to represent the people that actually won the war.

That probably would have said something about us as a people.

Picture scar faced and peg legged corporal John Smith facing the Japanese officials with a big $hit eating grin on his face as he watches a Japanese general sign the document next to his name.

That would have been a fairer ending if you ask me.

I did notice that none of the Japanese officers were wearing their swords which they usually did. My guess is they didn't because they were afraid some American sailor would souvenir it. 







To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment