Monday, November 20, 2023

Job hunting.

I decided to check out Sam's Club and see if they needed a cart wrangler.

Recon is all important and I spent about 45 minutes in the parking lot looking around and talking to a couple of the young people there. I approached one of them and asked, "Is this a dysfunctional place to work?" and the stock outdoorswoman looked at me with a big grin and replied "YES!"

Then and there I knew I was in the right place.

The parking lot is fairly flat and reasonably even so it should not entail a whole lot of effort pushing carts uphill both ways.

The, to see what I was getting into I rounded up about a dozen carts and pushed them to the store and put them where they belong and it wasn't too bad at all.

I wandered in and didn't get checked for the membership I don't have and wandered around the store for about 40 minutes, getting a pretty good lunch from all the sample ladies I encountered. Not bad.

I talked to a couple employees asking them how it was working there and got good reports. Then and only them I asked where the person that did the hiring was and met her and she explained that I had to go online to apply and gave me the instructions and said she could probably run me through the hiring procedure in about 10 days.

I got home just in time to find out that there's a big hiring freeze at Sam's.

Sucks to be me.





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment