Friday, February 9, 2024

H44WA (Solomon Islands) just confirmed.

I just got a QSL card from the Solomons, Guadalcanal.

It's a pretty good card and came fairly quickly which was a pleasant surprise. I worked them in late November and the card arrived yesterday. Under three months is pretty good for a major DXpedition.

One of the kids I grew up with had a father that lost an arm there back in '42.

My first Marianas QSL card came from a Japanese ham that had set up shop in Tinian about 10 feet away from the bomb pit Enola Gay landed on.

I've worked a number of those Pacific islands we fought over and for some reason I can't seem to figure out the bulk of them were Japanese hams on vacation.





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment