Saturday, February 10, 2024

I wonder what is going on with the mail

because I have been trying to chase down a few QSL cards from overseas that have been mailed months ago.

Italy and Croatia come to mind. 

The UK seems to have things in my hands in about a week, ten days when I get a card from a UK QSL manager. 

Years ago I got a card from an Italian ham I worked there and it took quite some time. Both of us were curious and had swapped emails.

I forgot how long it took but she said she didn't get mine for about 2 month and that she mailed it the day after she got it. It took about the same amount of time for hers to arrive.

I've got Iran in the log and he has an Italian QSL manager so the card is due to come here from Italy.

The other card is confirming Samoa and is coming from the Croatian ham that reports he sent me a card s couple months ago

Both of these people say they have resent at no cost to me a couple of days ago when I emailed them. We shall see what we shall see.

As far as dishonesty goes, the ham community is a fairly small one and word gets out when someone comes along and tries to pull a fast one. They get outed pretty quickly. Odds are very heavy those guys are on the up and up.

I've heard that a number of DXpedition groups are slow but come through.

About the only people I have heard that don't come through are the so-called Rebel DXpedition Group. They're reportedly halfway decent about confirming electronically through LoTW but not good about sending out cards.

Anyway, we shall see what happens.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

In othe sad news I just got word that S57DX, Slavko Celarc of Slovenia is now a Silent Key and has passed recently.

Slavko and his family members built a damned good station and were on the air constantly and contributed a lot to the ham community.

The ham community got a lot smaller with his passing.




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment