Sunday, October 24, 2010

Back to square one.

I grew up in the sixties and I can remember the Civil Rights movement and Dr King and the Freedom Riders that stuck their necks out to insure that people of all colors could be treated equally under law.

I spent quite a bit of time collecting quarters to support the efforts of the people that went into the Deep South and other areas to fight for the right of the black community to vote and be treated fairly under law.

Forty years plus later, I have a lot of pride in myself for what little I did to insure the changes were made both legally and socially.

A recent trip to Wally World has sort of made me think that my efforts were in vain.

I saw an Obama Christmas tree ornament for sale there and I have to admit that maybe my efforts were in vain and we have not gotten anywhere bacause now it is again OK to hang a black man from a tree.




my other blog is:http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment