Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The postman rings twice

One of the things that makes me wonder is people that call twice.

Out here at sea the guys leave their cell phones in the galley because if they took them with themselves into the bunk room they would wake up another shipmate who would not really be a happy camper. I have dealt with this before and generally the promise to throw the offending phone over the side works pretty well, but I digress.

In the galley the phones rest on the galley table and every so often one of them goes off.

When it goes unanswered as often as not it starts ringing again inside of a minute.

Why?

Does the caller think the person that didn't answer is going to finish what they are doing in thirty seconds or what?

It simply makes no sense to me.

Then again, neither does a pretty good percentage of the human race.




my other blog is:http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment