Sunday, February 6, 2011

One of the things a smart seaman does

is to check the weather back home very day or two to see how much beer he has to bring home. So far for this tour the answer is none at all.

However, if there is any kind of a semi serious snow storm while I am gone, I am going to have to grab a case or so because I know good and well I am going to owe someone a case for shoveling out a path to my door and clearing me out a landing zone of some sort. It seldom fails.

I have found out that I am not alone in this matter. There are more than one of the guys out here that depend on good neighbors to make their home lives a little easier.

Neighbor Bob is generally the guy that carves a landing zone for me in the driveway when it snows and another neighbor generally gives the lawn a quick mullet job in the summer. The price is generally right, too. I just drop off a little liquid refreashment or something along these lines.

The weather back home seems to be holding. It is still cold and looks like it is stayinng that way, but there is no snow in the offing at this particular time but that could change.

So long as there is no snow, I probably won't have to stop off and get a case of beer.

Then again there are ten or so more days to go on this tour.

I guess I'll just have to keep my eyes on things.




my other blog is: http://officerpiccolo.blogspot.com/ http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment