Thursday, October 6, 2011

I'm home, a day late

Yesterday I was busy loading a hazardous cargo and had only time to post a placeholder.

The load was a last minute deal and it was of a nature that put me wearing a respirator on deck and I had to pay a little more attention to detail than usual. Truth is it felt a little spooky.

I got held over until the completion of the looad and didn't get back to my vehicle until the wee hours of the morning. I decided that it might be a good idea and overnight at a motel. Of course, when I got there the place was full and rather than play around I decided to run for it.

About an hour away from home I started getting sleepy and decided to hit the ditch and bag a few zulus which I did for about an hour, arriving home a little after 10.

Anyway I am home and the first thing I noticed is that there are not a whole lot of my flowers left as they are dying off with the onset of fall which seems to have fallen.

I noticed a lot of color in the trees on the way home and I wish I had time to make a cold weather Miata run through Vermont as it is drop dead gorgeous there this time of year.

Anyway I am home and I am alive.

Incidentally the word has it that next tour I will be in a remote place and will have either little or no internet access so that is going to make keeping this blog up a little iffy. Stay tuned after this message.

Pic, out

my other blog is: http://officerpiccolo.blogspot.com/ http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment