Tuesday, October 4, 2011

There seems to be a considerable amount of whining over the way we nailed Anwar-al-Awalaki.

I have thought about it and have come to the conclusion that for possibly the first time in recorded human history I am going to have to back up President Obama on this one as much as it hurts me to do so. I suppose that even a blind squirrel finds a nut every so often.

The crime committed by Anwar-al-Awalali of treason is one that would subject him to being subject to being arrested by members of the Justice department. Had they apprehended him first he should have baan draggede back to the States for trial.

On the other hand the instant he took up arms against the United States from his overseas location he became a bona fide military target and simply became subject to the rules of engagement.

In short he became subject to two very different Federal authorities, the Justice department and their rules and the military and rules the military plays by.

Had the Justice Department sent some kind of hit squad to nail him there is a very good chance I would be raising holy hell over it because of the slippery slope such a doing might lead to. Like a lot of people I expect te government to at least play lip service to the rules regarding the rights of American citizens.

I would not have condoned this man being eliminated by the Justice department based on the citizenship of the deceased.

However, the Justice department had nothing to do with the elimination of Anwar-al-Awalaki. The military did. They eliminated a bona fide military target. Big deal. It is what the military is supposed to do to keep us safe, eliminate enemy military targets. They did just that. Where is the problem?

It is as simple as that.
======================
Somebody recently asked me what I would do if I won a huge lottery jackpot.

I told them I would teach that rookie Charlie Sheen a couple of things.





my other blog is: http://officerpiccolo.blogspot.com/ http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment