Friday, October 7, 2011

So Prince Harry is coming to the states for training. Cool!

WHile I have not paid a whole lot of attention over the years to the Royals, I have sort of kept an eye opene here and there because I find Harry and his brother William to be somewhat interesting people.

None of the Royals really have it as easy as a lot of people think. One thing they get little of is privacy. The poor bastard can't even go to the loo (to use a British term) in peace without some jerk trying to snap a picture of him sitting on the pot. Every single thing he does is subject to scrutiny and conjecture.

Harry is OK in my book.

He was on the way to pissing his life away and decided to step up to the plate and he entered Sandhurst where he seemed to have done well. He served with distinction in Afghanistan as another pair of boots on the ground and I heard somewhere he was a damned good platoon leader.

Now hw has qualified for Apache training which I imagine is a gold plated son of a bitch and has landed a slot for training here in the States.

I don't have a problem with that. I think he's qualified. He's probably one of the UKs better new pilots and I'd bet he's earned that on his own.

Naysayers ought to think for a minute. You don't think anyone is going to put Prince Harry in a situation where he is likely to fail or get killed. Attack helicopter training is risky enough as it is and sending someone underqualified into it for social or political reasons is sheer stupidity.

I'm sure he knows what he is doing.

Welcome to the desert, Harry. Good luck.

Learn your lessons well because I'd just bet you're going straight into combat in Afghanistan. I wish I could give you my old .45 in case you need it.

Thank you for your service.


my other blog is: http://officerpiccolo.blogspot.com/ http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment