Saturday, October 15, 2011

Late start today

I had breakfast with a friend and just got back.

Last night I took the PRC 320 to a local park as I didn't feel like wandering around and crashing through the boonies in the dark.

I got the rig set up and was trying to punch through somewhere on low power with the whip antenna which sometimes is an exercise in futility.

Anyway, out of nowhere a drunk came out of the darkness and wanted to know what I was doing. I told him I was Boris Badenoff, Russsian agent calling Fearless Leader to tell him of my plan to kill Moose and Squirrel.

He took off and I figured I was in for smooth sailing. Wrong.

About ten minutes later a car pulled up behind me and the person in it asked me what I was doing and when I told him, he said that he figured it wass something like that and proceeded to tell me that a few minutes ago a panic stricken drunk had beat on his door and demanded he call the FBI and Fish and Game because there was a Russian agent trying to kill a moose.

I got into this radio business to stay out of trouble and it seems that all it has done is to get me into trouble.

Still, this morning it now seems pretty funny. If nothing else it give me something to post here.


my other blog is: http://officerpiccolo.blogspot.com/ http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment