Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Today is an interesting day because I have a lot to

do and as soon as I am done  here I will get right on it.

Yesterday my travels didn't take me very far. I went to the airport and picked someone up. It actually went rather smooth because of the amazing invention called the cell phone. I parked in a makeshift cell phone lot and when I got the call I simply zoomed into gate 3 and made the pickup. I was in and out and I think I was actually stopped for only a couple of seconds.

To me this is what cell phones are for. They make things happen easier.

Of course, 90% of what they get used for is nothing but a bunch of hot air. The averaage small town probably produces enough hot air to fill a balloon and take Phineas halfway around the world.

Yesterday's post seems to have been read and appreciated because I recieved a few comments about it via another website.

Right about now I think it is high time for an awful lot of members of the Black community to come forward and speak out against the racism being supported by people like Al Sharpton the New Black Panther Party.

A lot of people are getting pretty sick and tired of the race card being played and if a few successful Black don't start to speak out they will all wind up being victims of a backlash that is fairly certain to come along sometime soon.

It isn't even tax time and I am already beginning to see the signs of a long, hot summer coming up. It doesn't look good.

Yesterday I recieved an email from a very near and dear old friend questioning a post I made regarding WW2 as being the biggest change in the country. She countered that the biggest change in the country very welll may have taken place before we bacame a nation when we imported the first Black slaves from Africa.

Ouch. You could have knocked me over with a feather when I heard that one coming from my old friend. I think what was said holds some water in some ways but I can't allow myself to cop to condemning an entire group as there are too damned many Blacks out there that simply get up, go to work, do their jobs, take their money and go home just like everyone else that is successful.

Unfortunately it is the squeaky wheel that gets the grease and right now the race card players are making a pretty good racket. They are doing a lot more harm than good. Racism isn't going to go away until people stop trying to tell others how different they are and buckle down, get over it and get too busy to bother with how different they are.

Anyone can be successful in this country if they want to be. Apple was started as a real fly by night operation and about $1300 worth of capital according to someone that read it somewhere.

Still, you have to define success carefully or there are going to be an awful lot of miserable failures out there.

A while back over a cup of joe at a McDucks I chatted with an older Black guy that was clad in a work uniform. He is a machinist and was talking to me about his upcoming retirement and his plans for it. He planned on staying active doing a few fairly interesting things.

I asked him about his kids and he told me that his daughter had gone to college, one son was a career Navy man and that the third son, his oldest, had completed an apprenticeship and was also back in night school learning the business end of his trade. Look for an independent plumbing business to open up one of these days.

My my reckoning this guy is a success. There is a lot more tobeing a success than amassing a fortune. He did it by learning a skill and working at it. He raised three kids that by his say-so are out in the world taking care of themselves and most likely are too busy with careers and family to run off somewhere to raise hell over something stupid.

I think it is well past time for these people to speak out against the Al Sharptons and other stirrer-upper-ers that are making a fortune at their expense.

Then again, maybe their strategy is to simply stay busy and fly under the radar and quietly watch the whole thing unravel.

Al Sharpton has returned to Harlem and supposidly preached at a church there to make sure he keeps his preaching credentials up. Of course, this means he has broken his promise to have a mob occupy the town of Sanford, Florida.

My guess right now is that he thinks that they are not going to find enough evidence to try George Zimmerman and Al does not want to wipe the egg off of his face in front of all of the people he got stirred up. I could be wrong, but that is my guess. The other guess is that he doesn't want to wind up in the slam like he deserves for inciting a riot which is likely to happpen if Zimmerman is not charged.

Speaking of Zimmerman, I know right now if I was the Florida DA I would probably release George simply because he can't get a fair trial. An awful lot of people would succumb to throwing old George to the wolves to prevent a riot and a lot more would be intimidated by the threats of the Spike Lees and New Black Panthers.

I know that it would be pretty hard for me to be fair in this case because I generally have somewhat of an attitude that does not succumb to perssure. Even if the evidence presented to me led me to believe that Zimmerman was guilty of something I might very likely to push BACK at the pressure and let him go simply out of spite.

I am one of those cantankerous people that makes up his own mind unless you push me and when you do you generally do not like the results. While I would never under any circumstances hang an innocent man, I am capable of letting a guilty one go free simply out of spite. I would not be a good member of a grand jury in this case. I'll admit it. I generally do not succumb to pressure well.

It is probably because I have an attitude that I will try and appease people. If they want something to cry about I will simply give them something to cry about.

I guess I'll just post this now because I these are my morning musings.

1 comment:

  1. I think you misunderstood a little Jerry. My point that as far as social, economic, and cultural changes brought about by a single event it would have to be the importation of African Slaves. Of course the Civil War would have to be entered into the equation also. Not even close there for deaths and wounded.

    ReplyDelete