Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Well, I'd have to say George Zimmerman is off the hook to a certain degree.

The Prosecuter has announced a press confrence in a day or two and is most likely to come out and announce that there is not enough evidence to take to a grand jury. If it were otherwise she would have announced Zimmerman was in custody.

As soon as I heard Al Sharpton jumped ship and headed back to Harlem I figured something might be amiss.

This has been an interesting case to watch and although it is not over and in reality for Zimmerman will most likely never be over, it is drawing to an end.

What has been interesting to watch is the disgusting way the media handled this and the truth is I will never trust the media ever again.

From now on I will get my news from the internet. There are a couple of forums full of pretty sharp people that do an awful lot of digging and generally get to the truth pretty quickly.

The entire  thing was handled by the media in such a way that the truth was obsured from day one.

They painted the teenaged Martin as being a sweet little kid that was a regular Beaver Cleaver of honesty and kindness and they painted Zimmerman out to be an angry thug. At least one network altered tapes to put words in Zimmerman's mouth hoping to turn this into a hate crime. It looked like a cut and dried case of bigotry and vigilantism.

Then people started digging.

It should be clearly noted that an awful lot of the people that started digging were not highly paid journalists, but a number of average joes that simply had access to a computer, a little time on their hands and just plain old curiosity. They unearthed one or two little things and saw a chink here and a crack there so they started looking a little more. They saw a funny looking rock and turned it over and something ugly and wiggley appeared so they looked a little more.

I just saw an internet poll and as of an hour or so ago 57% of the respondents say that Zimmerman should not be arrested. Interesting. A couple of weeks ago the numbers were a lot lower than that. Almost everybody wanted to hang the poor guy. It would not surprise me to see the numbers climb in Zimmerman's favor over the next couple of days.

What the media did was obscure an awful lot to put Zimmerman in a bad light and obstruct justice. I would imagine that their little agenda was to put the Stand Your Ground laws in a bad light among other things.

The media isn't about justice. The media is about ratings and advertising revenue.

They are perfectly willing to see George Zimmerman spend the rest of his life in jail for ratings. They are perfectly willing to start a race riot and see millions of dollars worth of damage and numerous lives lost in the interest of ratings. They painted such a picture that was sure to enrage the public when in reality the case apppears to be one where a peron that was savagely beaten managed to break it off and the beater pursued the victim who simply ender the scuffle with a single well-placed pistol shot.

It will be argued for years over if Zimerman had a right to shadow Martin and the truth is, Zimmerman only did what I have done myself. He saw something he just didn't like the looks of and started investigating.

I have done this a couple of times over the last two decades. I've seen something I didn't like, grabbed the family .45, stuffed one in the pipe, crammed the piece in the small of my back, covered it and gone detecting.  There is nothing wrong with that.

While my first piece of go-to gear is the cell phone, there is nothing better than a  firearm to back it up. When second count, the police are only minutes away.

Nobody wound up shot, but I have run off a couple of people over the years and surprisingly, I wound up taking one of them in.

The latter was a young man looking to see America and I fed him and let him get cleaned up, did his wash while he chopped up some wood for me. I let him sack out in the back yard that night and the following morning he broke camp and went on his way. He was an interesting young man. Frankly, he reminded me of me back in my youth.

While I would imagine Zimmerman probably was a little more agressive than I was when I checked things out, it is pretty much the same idea. He saw something suspicious and acted on it.

It is a shame that the event unfolded into a shooting but it appears the shooting is not a crime, but an act of self-defense.

I give no credit whatsoever to the media for keeping me honestly informed on this.

I give the credit to the internet sleuths






my other blog is: http://officerpiccolo.blogspot.com/ http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see your latest post when you find out poor George was charged with 2'd degree murder. :(

    I agree with you on everything you said though, especially the media bit.

    ReplyDelete