Saturday, April 7, 2012

Today's post is specifically planned out for this particular morning.

It's Saturday and you are more apt to have a little more time to read it. It is going to take a little time.

The first part is Martin Luther Kings 'I have a Dream' speech and is worth re-reading if you have read it before and if you have not it is required reading for all Americans. It is one of THE most eloquent pieces of oration that ever came out of an American orator.

The second link is one to Dr. King's Playboy interview and is definitely a good read.

I pretty much believe what King said, both in Washington at the Lincoln memorial and during his interview.

I suppose that because I believe in both of these by today's standard I am going to be called a racist which is fine.

I can live with that. My shoulders are broad.


http://www.famous-speeches-and-speech-topics.info/martin-luther-king-speeches/martin-luther-king-speech-i-have-a-dream.htm   Here's a copy of the "I have a dream speech".

http://www.playboy.com/playground/interviews/playboy-interview-martin-luther-king   MLK Playboy interview.

I'd just bet he is spinning in his grave now.



No comments:

Post a Comment