Wednesday, March 27, 2013

I read somewhere that there are more billionaires

 in Moscow than anywhere else in the world.

*******************************

"If you are taught bitterness and anger, then you will believe you are a victim. You will feel aggrieved and the twin brother of aggrievment is entitlement. So now you think you are owed something and you don't have to work for it and now you're on a really bad road to nowhere because there are people who will play to that sense of victimhood, aggreivement and entitlement, and you still won't have a job." ~ Condaleeza Rice


**********************************

When I get off of work and drive home the company owes me something. A couple of days later they electronically deposit my pay into my bank account and we are even.

That's because I agreed to work for them and they agreed to pay me for my service. Nothing more, nothing less.

I give them a day's work, they give me a day's pay.

It pretty much ends there.

There are, of course other benefits that go along with my employment but the basic deal we have is a day's work for a day's pay. This is pretty much how it works for a lot of people.

When my shore leave is over and I return to work the cycle repeats itself. I go back on the payroll and work and they accrue my time and pay period we settle up.

I listened to someone a while back griping about how he was cheated after working at a place for several years and getting laid off. The truth is that the contract between him and his employer is over.

When the deal is over I have no right to ask for anything else and when he stops paying me he has no right to ask me to work for him any more. He has no responsibility to pay me as I have no responsibility to work for him anymore.

From time to time I get a bonus of some sort and as far as I am concerned he doesn't owe me that. When I get handed a bonus I am grateful. While I am grateful for it, I never expect it and have no right to complain if I don't get it the next year.

The fact that I have worked here over a decade doesn't mean squat. When the check comes in, the company owes me nothing.

I have no sense of entitlement from my employer other than to live up to our agreement and to be fair and reasonable in matters pertaining to my employment.

It really is this simple.

 



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html

No comments:

Post a Comment