Thursday, March 7, 2013

This I guess is Daylight Savings weekend coming up

It is somewhat of a pain in the ass because it means I have to change the clocks back

It used to be a pretty easy thing to do but with electronic clocks it is a nuisance. The damned things are complicated, every one of them is different and because you only change them areound every six months you never get very good at it.

As a ham radio operator and a celestialnavigator I have worked with UTC or what used to be called Greenwich MeanTime.

Sometimes I think the solution to this crap is to put the entire world on UTC and call it good.

I think the reason we split the world into time zones is so that lunch time is at noon on the clock. Noon is when the sun is at its highest.

Big deal. You can still eat lunch when the sun it at its highest, only where I live it will be at 4 pm.
So to be a nine to fiver you just go in at 1pm, eat lunch at 4pm and go home at 9pm.

Once you got used to it it would probably be a lot easier for international business and business between the time zones.For Daylight Savings time it would be pretty easy, too. You just tell everyone to come in an hour earlier.

At least you wouldn't have to go through the frustration of changing electronic clocks and watches every six months.

Then again, maybe it's easy for me to say because I'm a sailor and it doesn't matter what time it is. When there is work to be done,, you work.




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html

No comments:

Post a Comment