Friday, March 15, 2013

The classics never change

I had a talk with a father and son yesterday and found out that things haven't really changed a whole lot over the years.

I asked the kid how far his father had to walk to school and the kid told me "It was barefoot for five miles through four feet of snow, uphill both ways."

This is what fathers are supposed to tell their sons and everything seemed OK until the son told me his dad grew up in Arizona.

I turned to the father and told him that he was entitled to use the Texas exemption. He wanted to know what that was and I explained that The Texas exemption applied to most of Texas, parts of Arizona and New Mexico.

Page 14,article 2, amendment 6 paragraph 9 subsection A states specifically that the Texas exemption allows fathers in certain southwestern sections of the United States to substitute "Barefoot through five miles of cactus and rattlesnakes in lieu of barefoot for five miles through four feet of snow." when they tell their sons how far they had to walk to school when he was their age.

For any of you in the southeast there is the Florida exemption that permits fathers in certain areas to substitute 'Five miles barefoot through waist deep swamp full of alligators and water moccasins" in lieu of the four feet of snow.

Both exemptions do not excuse fathers from the 'uphill both ways' part, though.

Anyway, what was a joy was that as I was leaving I heard the father start to tell his son, "Back when I was your age..."

The son did his job, too. "Aw, come on, Dad. Not again."

It is good that the classics never go out of style.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html

No comments:

Post a Comment