Thursday, August 29, 2013

I think it is time

 to replace a serpentine belt in my truck as I am getting a squeal when I turn on my A/C.  I heard this a few days ago and now don't run the A/C figuring that the pump might be acting up.

However when I fired the rig up today I heard a brief belt squeak and now I figure it is either time to replace the belt or adjust the tensioner. If I adjust the tensioner I'm going to replace the belt anyway as thing has about 53,000 miles on it and they don't last forever.

We'll see what happens and act accordingly. 

I really don't think the A/C pump is on the fritz because Toyota does a pretty good job of building a solid product. 

We'll see what happens.

Until I get home it looks like I am going to have to use the 2/60 A/C unit. Two windows open and drive 60 mph.

Update: The A/C pump is shot.

To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html

No comments:

Post a Comment