Sunday, March 30, 2014

Happy Sunday.


There is a contest going on now on the ham airwaves and I am not really a part of it. The object of the game is to make as many contacts as you can over the weekend.

When you make a contact you give them the number of contacts you have made over this weekend and they give you theirs.

Yesterday I made a contact that I have been needing for my project and the guy gave me a number like 2006. I gave him 003.

"Three? Only three?"he asked, somewhat dumbfounded.

"I am an old man and don't get around so good no more. Three is a mistake. You are number four. I gave you my social security number by mistake."

While I was logging the contact the next guy that he QSO'd was laughing outright. He knew I was just picking a few plums. "I guess that old fella told you," he said.

Some people take things way too seriously.

The weather just won't let up as I woke up to a dusting of snow. 

Just yesterday Neighbor Bob and I were commenting on how the daffodils are starting and this morning, POW! More snow.

Sometimes a person wakes up and feels like General Custer looking out on the field and seeing yet MORE Indians.


To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment