Monday, March 17, 2014

I believe I have mentioned

 that I am going to become a grand uncle or whatever you call them for the third time.

My nephew and bride married last June and now there is a bun in the oven and it is due this coming June.

Now she is a wonderful young woman and has been joyously welcomed into the family that takes no prisoners. Still, nobody has done anything to seal the deal yet. 

I just had a word with my niece. She has two beautiful daughters and a couple of years ago she celebrated one of their birthdays with a pony ride at a place that has a bunch of ponies they sell rides on. She gave me their phone number.

Right now I'm thinking that maybe I can hire a pony for a day shortly after the baby is delivered. I'll have the owner of the pony place put one in a trailer, drive it to my nephew's house and act like she's delivering it.

"Your Uncle Piccolo was so excited about you having a new member to the family that he decided to buy your new daughter a pony. I've got to get back to work. Can I tie it to the fence?" 

I'm not going to tell you what I think would happen. I think I'll let you, the reader, imagine the results of that one.

I did something similar with a mule once to my wife about 20 years ago. Hilarity ensued and I was hidden in the bushes to watch the scene unfold.

Twenty years makes a lot of difference. If I did that today with a mule, my wife would just have the deliverer put it in the garage for me to deal with.







To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment