Saturday, March 22, 2014

It's Sattiddy.

Which means that it is Saturday and nothing more to me.

I'm kind of at a loss this morning to get my daily post started. I guess it's just time to start cranking away and see where this goes.

Oh, yeah. Yesterday.

By now you might have figured that I'm pretty good at the fine art of the look of total innocence. I can carry myself off as a naive country boy when I need to.

Yesterday I was grub shopping and I was in the deli/beer sales/restaurant of the local supermarket. There was some woman there from corporate there asking people for their opinion of the operation. It's fairly new.

The woman from corporate asked me what I thought of the restaurant/deli/beer sales area. Wrong move. I was feeling mischievous.

"You ought to get a couple of strippers here for the lunch crowd," I said. "You'll have every carpenter, road crew, sheet rocker and plumber for miles coming in for lunch."

The woman from corporate looked pretty uncomfortable but a woman that worked at the store and overheard me. She looked at me  with a very amused look on her face and interrupted. She's in her mid to late 40s and a generally happy person that has waited on me several times before.

"Since corporate cut our hours I could use some more work. Maybe as a contract entertainer. Just the excuse I need to lose a few pounds," she said.

The woman from corporate looked really uncomfortable. The deli woman and I left. I headed to the produce section and got my veggies.

When I returned to the deli, everyone in the department was grinning at me and when I ordered a sandwich it was about a foot thick and weighed about 10 pounds.









To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment