Monday, November 23, 2015

MOLES!



The weather has not frozen the ground yet and I am being plagued by moles.

While I don't mind them as animals I do not like what they do to the front yard. They can do just about abuthing they want out back. I'm pretty easygoing.

Harbor Freight used to sell little windmills that spin in the wind and have some kind of offset in them that creates a vibration that drives moles away.

When I went there to snag a replacement they said they had to pull them off the shelves.

My guess is that some moron tried to urinate on one in a hurricane and got upset about it. Either that, a more likely scenario is that someone was foolish enough to let a toddler play with it in a windstorm and the spinning blades injured the little one. Enter Dewey, Cheetham and Howe.

The old one was great. It kept the moles out of the lawn and as usual when something works they take it off the market.

Especially when it costs nothing to run and solves the problem.

I did get lucky, though.

They still sell them on eBay so I ordered two of them.

I hope they get here soon.




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment