Friday, November 20, 2015

Something interesting happened

Eleven days ago I worked another ham in Burkina Faso. 

Yesterday I got his QSL card. 

Now you have to remember that the ham I worked in Burkina Faso is an older guy that is there visiting people and doesn't appear to be a millionaire. Most likely he's a working class guy that is retired or maybe semi-retired. I know little about him, really.

What gets me is that when a major funded DXpedition returns home it takes months before the QSL cards start being sent out. 

This kind of stuff isn't just a part of ham radio, it is a part of life.

Ever notice that a working stiff is likely to pay his bills as soon as they arrive? On the other hand a lot of the rich take their own sweet time.

There is a lot of that and I'd have to say that it is a part of why people tend to have little love for the rich. They are often loathe to part with their money. It seems to be a matter of wanting to have their cake and eat it, too.

Years ago when I was a small time contractor and handyman I used to offer a small discount for cash upon completion. That tended to get people to pay me on time as they figured they were saving something.

Anyway, what happened with an older guy in Africa and a QSL card seems to be typical human nature. 






To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment