Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Right now on the web I am reading that an awful lot of people are going to find a firearm under the tree come Christmas Day.



Black Friday set a record day for firearm sales. I posted about that a day or two after Black Friday.

This tells me that an awful lot of people are fast losing faith in the ability of the government to provide protection. I actually never had any faith in governmental ability to protect me to begin with, though.

I chatted with a guy that lived through the mess in Bosnia a while back and he told me that the most important thing he owned was an AK-47. It was the one thing that kept him from being pounced on and robbed when there was no law and order.

It allowed him to keep what little he had.

While I am not a dyed in the wool SHTF prepper, I do see the man's point.

My guess (only a guess, I'll have to look into this) is that the sales are mainly AR-15s, their spin offs and handguns comprise the majority of sales. I figure this because I have heard that concealed carry permit applications are skyrocketing.

It strikes me that a lot of Americans are going back to their 'do it yourself' roots. They figure if government can't provide protection then they will have to supply their own.

Incidentally I had a Joe Citizen once ask me if I'd bail him out as a gun owner. I told him in no uncertain terms I would not. I told him that if he was too lazy and stupid to take care of himself he was on his own.

I am not risking my life or freedom for some jerk that expects someone else to pull his weight. The laws in many cases can crucify a good Samaritan. It isn't right but that's the way it is.

Anyway it looks like liberal policies are coming back to bite people in the ass again. 

Right now I read where the majority of Americans do NOT want an assault weapon ban. Many of these people have made it clear with their wallets by purchasing one.

Support for the Second Amendment seems to be growing these days simply because liberal immigration policies are perceived as being dangerous to the public. We're had a number of Islamic terroristic attacks in the country including mass shootings.

People are simply deciding that the best way to survive one is to shoot back instead of the duck and cover tactics liberals seem to think will work.

Actually it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that the best way to get an active shooter to stop is with a well-placed round. Not too many people want to continue the fight after taking a round squarely in the center of the chest or the middle of the forehead. People are realizing this now.

Looks to me like the Obama administration has become the biggest gun sales crew in the history of the United States. I'll leave it at that.





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment