Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Someone asked me why I didn't post

 anything here on what I do for a living. I replied that it was for the same reason I don't post anything career related on Facebook other than the fact that I'm a sailor. The reason is because I am not stupid.

A lot of people read things like this and I know that friends and coworkers read this every so often. It's no secret that anythng you post on this blog or social media is open to just about anyone that knows how to log into the internet.

One day I was driving along and saw a cop changing a tire which may sound odd in the city but I would imagine is fairly common in rural areas. Like I always do, I stopped to give him a hand. 

As I was rolling the flat to the trunk I looked at the cop and grinned. Miming reaching into my pocket for my cell phone, I said, "Here, officer! Take my cell phone and get a picture of this. I can say I'm stealing a tire off of a police car and post it on Facebook!"

He laughed and commented how many people do post illegal activities and how many get caught because they do. I was already aware of this.

There are a couple of things I do not post on this blog. One is my immediate family the other is my employer. I will never publicly badmouth anyone in my family. I also won't badmouth who I work for so long as I am taking their money. It's as simple as that.

I will go so far as to say I am in a sailor and leave it at that.

Some wag that read this blog suggested I write a book and expose the entire marine transportation industry. How about 'No'? Not so long as I am either in it or taking money from it or any employer related pension. It's just a tacky thing to do.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment