Saturday, January 23, 2016

I guess it all started

 when I got pissed off a while back while looking at some old pictures. They were taken of me about 40 years ago.

Back around the time I got out of high school I found a picture of my dad taken right after WW2. He was on a fishing trip clad in an old pair of khakis, an A-2 flight jacket, Ray-Bans and an Old School fedora.

I like the look and adopted it for myself, swapping the USAAF A-2 jacket for a Navy G-1. Sometime in the early 80s the Inidana Jones movie came out and I had to change my uniform. I kept the G-1 jacket and dropped the lid.

People used to say I was dressing like Indiana Jones but actually he was dressing like me. I was dressing like my father.

Recently I have taken my look back. Ive snagged a couple of pretty snappy looking Old School fedoras. A 2.5 inch brim is perfect and makes it clear that I am not some kind of new-speak hipster.

At 64 it is a pretty good uniform.

I have about a half-dozen lids now in different colors. There's brown, grey, olive, tan, chocolate and my newest acquisiton, mint green. The mint green is a shade too bright so I'll park it on a window sill for a couple of weeks and fade it slightly.

It may strike the readership as rather odd, but I feel a lot better about myself since I took my Old School look back.

Hmm. I'm thinking of a go to hell hat. A round high crown with a wide flat brim, a beaded hat band and a bent sea gull feather sticking up.

I guess they sell them as Billy Jack hats, but the look goes back a lot further than that dopey movie. Hollywood used to put lids like that on drunken Indians.

I think I'll snag one like that for whenever I decide to have a couple of snorts. Why not?

I would imagine that while white guilt ridden liberals would gripe. Thats too bad. I'll tell them I am sharing a kinship with drunken Indians and offer them a drink.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment