Monday, January 11, 2016

Many moons ago

 I was looking for a construction job and I walked up to a job site and approached the boss man.

The first words out of his mouth were "What can you do for me?"

"I can make you money," I replied. That got his attention and he pointed at a laid out set of wall plates.

Two minutes later I was framing a wall. I didn't know what I was making but worked my tail off for the next several days.

When I got my first paycheck it was a lot more than I expected it would be. $17.50 an hour back in 1983 was nothing to sneeze at.

When I looked up at the boss he grinned. "You were right. You can make me money," he said. "I'm not greedy, though. I share."

A couple of months later it increased to $20/hour.

I wound up working for him off and on for several years. When he had work he called me.




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment