Saturday, January 30, 2016

Kinda cold today.

I didn't mention it but when I came home the other day I was met in the driveway by one of the neighbors. Her husband was in the hospital and things didn't sound very good.

I was afraid we were going to lose him.

A quick visit to the hospital yesterday told me he is going to be OK. Thank God for small miracles. He's a damned good neighbor.

*************************

It's a pretty clear, cold Saturday morning and things are rather quiet. I'm having my morning coffee, the rig is on for background and I'm listening to a couple of longtime hams ragchew on 40 meters. I'm going to visit the hospital again today.

*************************

I had a couple of drinks the night I got home but have had none since. There's a new policy for me. No alcohol unless I am under weight. It's a pretty good motivator to keep from gaining any of the weight back that I lost. Besides, alcohol is empty calories.

*************************

I have been advised not to post about certain things and I am ignoring the advice. I have nothing to hide.

The only taboo subjects are family personal stuff and work. I don't want to embarrass my sisters, nieces and nephew and it's nobody's business, anyway.

Work is the other subject I generally avoid because if I am taking a man''s money I am expected to not backstab him. That's fair and I think that more people ought to take that attitude. As long as I am in someone's employ they deserve a certain amount of loyalty...of course, that's a two-way street.

***************************

That's all, Folks.






To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment