Friday, September 22, 2017

A subject came up the other day and it brought back memories.

Letters only!!

Do NOT send packages of any sort, especially containing any kind of foodstuffs whatsoever to service people that are in basic training.

Just don't do it. Period.

The sergeants will make life miserable for the recipient.

Most likely they will make the youngster eat the entire package right then and there and afterwards make him or her exercise until they puke. 

Back in the day I had a great aunt that asked for my address while I was in basic and my father not only refused but called my other aunts and uncles and put the fix in to save me from grief.

Once they are out of basic training you can send them all the cookies and cakes you feel like baking but under no circumstances do you send anything but a simple letter to someone in basic. 

That is unless you don't like the person.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment