Friday, September 8, 2017

Back to having how much something really costs.

With a brick and mortar business I often ask for and 'out the door' price. This is the total cost to take something home with me. It includes the price, any taxes or other costs totaled up.

If the out the door price of a widget is $50 I simply hand the clerk a picture of Grant and take the widget home with me. Simple.

Now that I do shop on line I calculate a similar thing. It's called the on the porch price. It is what it costs me to have an item put on my porch by a delivery service of some sort. The price generally includes the item, taxes and shipping.

The problem I have is when I pick something up for someone else. I generally make sure they also have to pay me for taxes and shipping. Everyone so far has been pretty good about it.





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment